problem oriented project work myself










There's many ways to know that you're in a project work period or in an exam period.
The first one is that to watch trough the window of your room became your favourite pastime.
In Denmark the sky favourite colour is grey, but suddenly, as in a Murphy law, the days you have to study it begins to call you with crazy colour combinations and with the most amazing sunsets ever.
And you know that you can spend hours looking to the clouds, twisting with the wind, and you ask yourself why you don't do it more often.

But there's more clues to know when you are in exam period. You know it when you think that two miles is not too far to walk for a party. When you'd rather clean than study especially if an essay is due. When "Oh shit how did it get so late!" and "I missed my train" comes out of your mouth at least once a night. When you live for getting mail. When you realise breakfast cereal can be eaten every meal, regardless of whether you have any milk.When you think that highlighters are the coolest things on earth and when rearranging your room is your favourite entertainment.

Be in the university here is like to be in the primary school again. I feel like a child everytime I think that snack time is a necessity, everytime I wear my backpack on both shoulders, everytime I stay at home just to play games with my friends. I feel my childhood back because everytime I like younger boys, because I feel that playing in the snow is a legitimate activity, because I take naps. I forgot my adulthood in Spain and I took all my stupidity.

But I'm learning, even I know that I will always learn more outside the walls of RUC.The most important think we can learn here is that we can love a lot of people with a lot of different ways, that Sunday is a figment of the world's imagination, That Psychology is really Biology, that Biology is really Chemistry, that Chemistry is really Physics and that Physics is really Maths.


Anyways, the sight through my window can be wonderful, but I'm not gonna lie miself, it is usually like that:






[Hay muchas maneras de saber cuando alguien esta en periodo de examenes. Hay muchas maneras de darse cuenta que ha llegado el momento de hincar codos. La primera, y más clásica manera de darse cuenta es cuando quedarse mirando por la ventana es tu pasatiempo favorito. En Dinamarca el color favorito del cielo es gris, pero de repente, como dentro de la ley de Murphy, cuando hay que estudiar, el cielo se conjura contra ti y te llama con multitud de maravillosos colores y las mas hermosas puestas de sol. Y a la luna se le ve el ombligo. Y tu te preguntas pq no te habias dado cuenta antes.
Pero hay más pistas para saber si estás en exámenes. Lo sabes cuando sientes que 2 millas a pie no es lejos para ir de fiesta, o cuando prefieres limpiar la casa antes que estudiar, cuando la frase "mierda, como puede ser tan tarde?" y "he perdido el tren" salen de tu boca al menos una vez por noche, cuando mueres esperando recibir email, cuando te das cuenta que los cereales del desayuno se pueden comer a cualquier hora, incluso aunque no quede leche, cuando piensas que los subrayadores son el mejor invento de la historia y cuando reorganizar y ordenar tu habitación es la mejor forma de entretenimiento del mundo.
Estar aquí en la Universidad es algunas veces como ir a la escuela otra vez. Me siento como un crio, mi infancia vuelve cada vez que siento que la merienda es imprescindible, cada vez que me quedo en casa jugando algun juego de mesa con mis amigos, porque uso mochila y la cuelgo de los dos hombros, porque hago siesta, porque cada vez nos fijamos en chicos más jóvenes (y antes era al revés) y porque siento que jugar en la nieve es un derecho humano. Lo siento, he dejado mi parte adulta en España y me he traido toda mi estupidez.
Pero estoy aprendiendo, aunque sepa que la mejor lección se aprende siempre fuera de los pasillos de RUC. Lo mejor que hemos aprendido es que podemos querer a un monton de gente de un montón de maneras diferentes. Que el domingo es un producto de la imaginación mundial y que la psicologia en realidad es biologia, que la biologia en realidad es química, que la química en realidad es física y que la física en realidad es matemática.
De todas formas, no quiero enganyarme a mi misma. La vista des de mi ventana puede ser maravillosa, pero es normalmente gris y lluviosa.]

1 comment:

Søren Grubb said...

"That Psychology is really Biology, that Biology is really Chemistry, that Chemistry is really Physics and that Physics is really Maths." -so true :)

In danish what you are doing is "overspringshandlinger" it is what you do when you should be doing something else :) Another good one is to put your CD's in alphabetical order, and then deciding to put them in genre instead :D